Xmeye App Fails or has Issues
The old OzSpy branded CNS range DVRs we sold several years ago use the Xmeye app, which can be downloaded from your app store. Generally speaking, the app rarely fails, however it is very dependent on your internet speeds at both ends (mobile and CCTV end) and it is also affected by mobile upgrades.
Your internet connection speed at both ends can vary at different times of the day, for example after school finishes each day it will slow down as school children get home and use the internet. It will also slow down for a few hours after diner, say 6pm to 9pm as people use it more. Many times your remote access may seem unstable during these times simply due to the available data flow being restricted.
The symptom of lack of data/internet speed with your Xmeye app is timing out, cannot connect and similar messages, or only one camera being able to show up, it may also cause your phone to temporarily freeze whilst it is trying to lock onto the data stream.
Many people who upgrade from old analogue systems to HD systems find that the old system streamed more fluently. This is because you are now streaming up to 45 x more data per camera.
When setting your app up, it is better to set up an account and add your CCTV system within that account, as when you use the local login it can sometimes cause issues. If you set it up at account level, you can then also access your cameras from any PC using IE (Internet Explorer Only) from this address. http://www.xmeye.net/
During the course of owning your mobile phone it will quite often do software updates, these updates, although good for your phone can cause various apps including Xmeye to fail or become unreliable or unstable.
You might also transfer app from an old phone to a new phone, this also can cause various apps including Xmeye to fail or become unreliable or unstable.
To ensure your app is functioning correctly follow the below process.
1. Ensure your CCTV system is added to your Xmeye account and not as a local login
2. Ensure you are in a good data area, if you have slow data or you are in an area with unstable mobile data your Xmeye app will seem unstable as cameras use a lot of data.
3. Ensure your home/business internet access has not temporarily slowed down, is intermittent or you are not downloading/uploading. The same rule applied, if your internet connection is slow at the CCTV end, your Xmeye app will appear unstable.
4. If your app starts playing up, uninstall it completely and install a new copy, as your CCTV system is at account level you won’t lose anything.
In a lot of new phones, some app updates are blocked by security settings.
If your Xmeye wants to do an update but it doesn’t seem to work, please check your app security settings.
Here is an article that relates to android phones.
1. Check your Xmeye app is not set as local login
2. Check your internet speed at the mobile end
3. Check your internet speed at the CCTV end
4. Uninstall and reinstall the app after any upgrades
5. Make sure you are using the latest version of the app
6. If you are stuck with low data speeds, go into your DVR settings [Encode] [sub stream] and reduce all setting to the lowest and check again
We often get people who as if there is another app they can use, and generally the answer is no as the details are loaded into the DVR/NVR or camera when it is manufactured.
If you have constant issues with XMEYE, then you may have to replace the DVR/NVR with a model that uses another brand of app, like our CLO range of DVRs